Even though I have a normal bucket list, I also want to share my UNESCO World Heritage bucket list. I’m a real fan of it and can’t wait to discover most of them in my lifetime. I think everyone have at least seen or visited one of them, because you don’t always know that it is declared as one of them. I saw already a few of them and I didn’t even know that it belongs to the UNESCO World Heritage.
- Minaret and Archaeological Remains of Jam
- Iguazu National Park
- Los Glaciares National Park
- Sydney Opera House
- Fraser Island
- Gondwana Rainforests of Australia
- Great Barrier
- Heard and McDonald Islands
- Ruins of the Buddhist Vihara at Paharpur
- Struve Geodetic Arc
- Historic Centre of Brugge
- La Grand-Place, Brussels check!
Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Old Bridge Area of the Old City of Mostar
- Rio de Janeiro: Carioca Landscapes between the Mountain and the Sea
- Iguaçu National Park
- Temple of Preah Vihear
- Canadian Rocky Mountain Parks
- Kluane / Wrangell-St. Elias / Glacier Bay / Tatshenshini-Alsek
- Historic Centre of Macao
- Plitvice Lakes National Park
- Historic Centre of Český Krumlov
- Historic Centre of Prague
- Memphis and its Necropolis – the Pyramid Fields from Giza to Dahshur
- Historic Centre (Old Town) of Tallinn
- Fortress of Suomenlinna
- Palace and Park of Versailles
- Place Stanislas, Place de la Carrière and Place d’Alliance in Nancy
- Strasbourg – Grande île check!
- Lagoons of New Caledonia: Reef Diversity and Associated Ecosystems
- Aachen Cathedral check!
- Cologne Cathedral check!
- Acropolis, Athens
- Historic Centre of Rome, the Properties of the Holy See in that City Enjoying Extraterritorial Rights and San Paolo Fuori le Mura check!
- Vatican City check!
- Budapest, including the Banks of the Danube, the Buda Castle Quarter and Andrássy Avenue
- Þingvellir National Park check!
- Taj Mahal
- Prambanan Temple Compounds
- Mount Etna
- Piazza del Duomo, Pisa check!
- Venice and its Lagoon check!
- Itsukushima Shinto Shrine
- City of Luxembourg: its Old Quarters and Fortifications check!
- Islands and Protected Areas of the Gulf of California
- Pre-Hispanic City of Chichen-Itza
- Ancient Maya City and Protected Tropical Forests of Calakmul, Campeche
- Medina of Marrakesh
- West Norwegian Fjords – Geirangerfjord and Nærøyfjord
- Struve Geodetic Arc
- Rice Terraces of the Philippine Cordilleras
- Auschwitz Birkenau: German Nazi Concentration and Extermination Camp (1940-1945)
- Historic Centre of Saint Petersburg and Related Groups of Monuments
- Kremlin and Red Square, Moscow
- San Marino Historic Centre and Mount Titano
- Cathedral, Alcázar and Archivo de Indias in Seville check!
- Monastery and Site of the Escurial, Madrid
- Old City of Berne check!
- Swiss Alps Jungfrau-Aletsch
- Historic City of Ayutthaya
United States of America
- Statue of Liberty
- Grand Canyon National Park
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Yellowstone National Park
- Yosemite National Park
What about you? Did you already visit places declared as UNESCO World Heritage sites? If yes, which one?